Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 15 - The First Update

Had my first post-op doctor visit today. So far, I have lost... (que dramatic music) 25 pounds! About half that has been water weight, but the really nice thing about that is that the extra fluid around my bad knees is gone now, reducing my knee circumference by about 40%, according to the doc. This has meant that I have had no bad knee days since getting out of the hospital even with walking 1.5 miles a day! This is a big deal for me, because it was my knees going bad that started me on the road to obesity in the first place. One more week and I can start lifting weights again, which is very cool, along with a bit more cardio. So I am well on my way to getting back to being able to hike, camp, hunt, fish, etc, whenever I want to. There is also the whole "I hopefully wont be dying from weight related illnesses" part as well. A couple of downsides are getting used to the size of my stomach and I'm dealing with some monumental constipation issues, but its all good and things are clicking right along!

No comments:

Post a Comment